Call for Abstracts:
The Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Academic Pediatric Association (APA) encourage the sharing of scientific research as part of the Pediatric Hospital Medicine 2017 (PHM 2017) conference. Whether you have submitted in the past, or have never submitted, we encourage everyone to submit their work to PHM 2017!
The Call for Abstracts for oral presentation and poster presentation has now closed.
Abstracts that were completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered for presentation in one of two formats; poster presentation or oral presentation. Abstracts submissions should fall under one of the following three categories: Clinical, Education, or Quality Improvement research. A standardized, blinded review process will be utilized in determining the scores of each abstract submission. High scoring submissions will be eligible for oral presentation.
Please note the following before submitting an abstract:
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Supporting documentation will not be accepted by email.
- There will be no exceptions for missed deadlines. The deadline is Monday, February 27, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- If selected for either oral or poster presentation, you will be recognized as a presenter at the conference. No financial support will be offered to accepted presenters.
- There is a 75-character limit for the title of your abstract submission.
- There is a 2,500-character limit for the text of your abstract submission (not including title).
- Submissions need to include: Purpose/Objective, Design/Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Once submitted an abstract may not be edited.
- Abstracts can be submitted to or presented at other meetings, but will not be accepted if the abstract is previously published in a journal at the time of submission.
- Before copying and pasting information from Word into the forms, remove all special formatting.
- Use “ –“ instead of bullet points from Word if you have bulleted information for your submission.
- Please note that supporting documents must be uploaded as a pdf file and cannot exceed 100MB. Supporting documentation should not exceed more than (2) total tables or figures. To convert your files into pdf format you can use Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, you can download it here.
Main authors of submissions will be notified of acceptance or declination by end of April 2017. If accepted additional deadlines will be provided in the acceptance notification. All authors of accepted abstracts MUST confirm their acceptance.
- Abstract Submission Site Opens: January 9, 2017
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 3, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Abstract Notifications Sent Out: End of April 2017
Questions? Please contact the Abstract Co-Chairs and SHM Staff.
Kavita Parikh, MD, MSHS, PHM 2017 Abstract Co-Chair: email@example.com
Patrick Brady, MD, MSc, PHM 2017 Abstract Co-Chair: Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org
Samantha Regosch, PHM 2017 Staff Liaison: email@example.com.